About Our Top Orthopedic Surgeons Long Island
Dr. Sileo is interested in caring for both competitive and recreational athletes. He specializes in the arthroscopic and minimally invasive treatment of shoulder, hip, and knee injuries but has vast experience in most areas of both operative and non-operative orthopedics. Dr. Sileo is one of the few orthopedic surgeons in the tri-state area who routinely performs hip arthroscopy for the minimally invasive treatment of hip labral tears and femoroacetabular impingement. Dr. Sileo emphasizes both rehabilitation as well as training to prevent sports-related injuries. His other areas of interest include the treatment of cartilage and meniscal injuries and fracture care. Contact us today to learn about our top orthopedic surgeons Long Island.
Hip Labral Tears: Understanding Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment – Top Orthopedic Surgeons Long Island
Regarding hip pain, a lesser-known but significant culprit might be causing discomfort: hip labral tears. The hip labrum is a ring of cartilage that provides stability to the hip joint. When this cartilage tears, it can lead to pain and limited mobility. Visit our website to learn more!
Orthopedic Excellence on Long Island
Regarding top orthopedic surgeons Long Island, Dr. Michael J. Sileo is a beacon of expertise and compassionate care. Dr. Sileo has earned a reputation as a trusted orthopedic surgeon with a wealth of experience and a commitment to staying at the forefront of medical advancements. His dedication to patient well-being and extensive knowledge of complex orthopedic conditions make him a sought-after name.
Hip Labral Tears Unveiled: Causes and Contributing Factors
A hip labral tear occurs when the cartilage that lines the hip joint – known as the labrum – sustains damage. Dr. Michael J. Sileo explains that while the exact cause of hip labral tears can vary, several factors contribute to their development:
- Trauma: A sudden injury or impact to the hip joint, such as a fall or sports-related collision, can lead to a labral tear.
- Structural Abnormalities: Individuals with structural irregularities in the hip joint, such as hip impingement or dysplasia, are more prone to labral tears due to abnormal joint mechanics.
- Repetitive Movements: Activities that involve repetitive hip movements, such as running or dancing, can gradually lead to wear and tear on the labrum, eventually resulting in tears.
- Aging: Over time, the labrum can naturally degenerate, making it more susceptible to tears, especially in older individuals.
Dr. Sileo’s deep understanding of top orthopedic surgeons Long Island positions him to accurately diagnose the underlying causes of hip labral tears, allowing for tailored treatment plans.
Identifying Hip Labral Tear Symptoms
Recognizing the symptoms of a hip labral tear is crucial for early intervention. Dr. Michael J. Sileo highlights the following common symptoms associated with this condition:
- Hip Pain: Persistent pain in the hip or groin area, often worsened by movement or weight-bearing activities.
- Clicking or Catching Sensation: Some individuals report a clicking, locking, or catching sensation in the hip joint during specific movements.
- Limited Range of Motion: A decreased ability to move the hip joint through its full range of motion.
- Hip Instability: Feeling instability or weakness in the hip while walking or standing.
- Painful Snapping: Pain or discomfort when the hip is rotated or flexed.
If you experience any of these symptoms, the expertise of Dr. Michael J. Sileo in top orthopedic surgeons Long Island can help you receive an accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment plan.
Treatment Options for Hip Labral Tears
When treating hip labral tears, Dr. Michael J. Sileo employs a patient-centric approach that considers the individual’s unique needs and circumstances. Treatment options may include:
- Conservative Management: For less severe tears, non-surgical approaches such as physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medications, and activity modification may be effective.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: In cases where conservative methods prove insufficient, arthroscopic surgery can repair or trim the torn labrum.
- Physical Rehabilitation: Post-surgery rehabilitation is vital in restoring strength, mobility, and function to the hip joint.
- Lifestyle Modification: Dr. Sileo often guides modifying daily activities and exercise routines to prevent future labral tears.
As a leading figure in top orthopedic surgeons Long Island Dr. Sileo’s comprehensive approach ensures that each patient receives the highest standard of care tailored to their unique condition. Finding orthopedic surgery on Long Island can be difficult. Let us help you find the best care possible!
Top Orthopedic Surgeons Long Island
Hip labral tears can disrupt your daily life and hinder your mobility. Still, with the guidance of an experienced orthopedic expert like Dr. Michael J. Sileo, you can regain your comfort and freedom of movement. From identifying the causes and symptoms to offering a range of effective treatment options, Dr. Sileo’s expertise in top orthopedic surgeons Long Island makes him the ideal partner in your journey toward hip health. Don’t let a hip labral tear hold you back – reach out to Dr. Michael J. Sileo and take the first step towards a pain-free, active life.
Contact Us Today!